Helping New Canadians Gain Essential Soft Skills For The Workplace
View our flyer
Does your job involve leading teams or people or projects with New Canadians? Then this workshop is for you.
Employers now more than ever have a greater responsibility in assisting with workplace cultural adaptation.
In this very interactive workshop, you will:
- Discuss the differences in leadership.
- Explore the main challenges identified by employers and learn how to overcome them.
- Understand the differences in cross-cultural conflict and how to resolve them.
- Learn how to effectively give feedback, handle customer service issues, and address biased and discriminatory attitudes.
Past participants of this workshop commented:
"Several aha moments throughout the day"
"Was quite informative, pertinent, and insightful" - Tim Clayton, Leadership team, Connex Ontario
"Excellent and engaging"
"Warm, engaging, presentation style, with reinforcement of information through fun, low stress activities".
"Evelina’s style allows for all participants to feel welcome".
"I attended the Encouraging and Nurturing Soft Skills in New Canadians workshop that Evelina Silveira delivered in London in November, 2013. I found the workshop to be participative, memorable and informative. Evelina was knowledgeable, patient and practical in her approach to her instructions. Evelina is considered to be the subject matter expert on diversity in the London area so I can recommend her services to other organizations who would like to educate their staff on this subject in the future". - Wendy Robertson, Robertson Consulting
- Toronto, YMCA
- The Glass Room
- 20 Grosvenor Street
- 9:00 – 3:00 pm
About Diversity Workshops
Diversity At Work offers workshops designed to provide practical tools to improve workplace diversity management and guide organizations towards inclusive and equitable operations. The workshops can be customized to meet specific needs and goals, or based on topics of general interest, including:
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Implementing Diversity Into Your Strategic Plan
- Bias-Free Hiring Practices
- Cultural Sensitivity Training
- Multi-cultural Marketing
- The Business Case for Diversity
- Marketing Products and Services to People with Disabilities
- The Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Your Small Business
- Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Train-the-Trainer Diversity Awareness
Workshops address your specific diversity issues or needs and can be customized for your specific industry, situation or target market. Contact Diversity At Work for a FREE initial consultation.