Do you have an employee who has been accused of bullying and or harassment in the workplace?
Have you completed a thorough investigation and performed due diligence?
Has your organization decided to keep the employee but are concerned that the behaviours will resume?
Most investigations leave the respondent with only a warning and little in the way of support to stop the bullying and harassing behaviour from resuming.
Sometimes confronting the behaviour is not enough to change it. Persons accused of bullying and harassment need to understand:
- The reasons why they bully and harass others.
- The impact it has on their victims.
- Ways that they can prevent harassment and bullying in the future.
Diversity At Work in London’s Empathy/Sensitivity Training is conducted on a one-on-one basis in person. The training is confidential and non-judgmental but challenging and supportive.
The topics covered in the training include:
- Influences that affect our beliefs and values.
- Workplace power imbalances.
- Losses to the victim of bullying and harassment.
- Losses to the respondent.
- Inclusive language.
- Review of behaviour based workplace scenarios.
- Developing strategies for avoiding complaints in the future.
- Taking responsibility for one’s actions.
- And much more.
The training is customized to meet the needs of the employer and the respondent. The length of the training varies depending on circumstances. Upon completion of the training, the employer and the employee will receive a brief Summary report.